Whether it is their family life; their finances or relationships, friendships; everyone wants to change something. Goal setting is the first step to do that. Many of us are great at trying to set goals but most of us are practically inefficient of following these goals.
We all like to talk and attend about New Year’s Eve parties; the resolutions for the New Year are the most common source of conversation.
By setting goals you can:
· Improve your self-confidence.
· Increase your motivation to achieve the most out of life.
· Achieve more in your lifetime.
· Plan to eliminate attitudes that hold you back and cause unhappiness.
· Improve your overall performances in life.
· Increase your pride and satisfaction in your achievements.
Advantages of Goal Setting.
· Concentrate and focus better.
· Are happier and more satisfied with life.
· Show more self-confidence.
· Suffer less from stress and anxiety.
· Perform better in all areas of life.
You need to know the fact about what is really holding you back. Goal setting and motivation go hand in hand. The goal is your journey and the motivation your fuel to get there.
Every person in the world dedicates countless hours to thinking of their future and their present condition in life. Most of us wish that there was something that they could change in their life.
Sometimes the toughest part of the accomplishing any goal is the setting of goals itself. Goal setting and motivation go hand in hand. Absorb the implications of the goal accomplishment, and observe the growth you have made towards accomplishing other goals.
Goal Setting Techniques
· Make sure that your goals are your own and no one else’s.
· Deciding what is important for you to accomplish in your life and making your options based on this knowledge.
· Motivating yourself to attainment to ensure their accomplishment.
· Building your self-confidence based on the measured attainment of goals.
· Separating what is significant from what is unrelated so that your focus is in the right place.
Think of the goal like this, why would you prefer to ignore any achievements that you have made? In doing that, you are minimizing the importance of your achievement, which will induce you that it wasn’t that important in the first place.
Think about it. How many times have you determined on a particular course of action and simply didn’t follow determined way of doing it? Quite often many of the individuals behave in this way.
Unable To Follow the Goals
Sometimes the toughest part of the accomplishing any goal is the setting of goals itself. The easiest way of looking at this is to think of each and every New Year. Actually, it is the resolutions, which form the largest part of New Year’s celebrations but not the parties and the get-togethers.
You have to take the time to enjoy the satisfaction of having done so when you have accomplished a goal. Absorb the implications of the goal accomplishment, and observe the growth you have made towards accomplishing other goals. You should reward yourself appropriately, if the goal was an important one.
You may have many goals, but no fuel to get there. There are many more things holding you back than you understand.
Goal setting is the first step to do that. Many of us are great at trying to set goals but most of us are practically inefficient of following these goals.
The only trouble is that most of us set the same resolutions every year, and every year, we are unsuccessful to achieve these goals. We would not make the same resolution every year, if we were successful in achieving those goals.